12889: Re: 12875:Re: 12823: Re: 12816: Re: Lavalas and corruption; Simidor (fwd)

From: gregory mckee <gregory.mckee@noaa.gov>

So what do you think is the answer? The majority of the folks on Bob's list
got burned out and went back to their homes. Even people born in Haiti given a
chance throw up their hands and say, "I quit!."

Honestly, where lies the hope? Lavalas? Convergence? The other opposition what
ever that may be? No, I believe the average man or woman in Haiti really
neither knows nor cares about any political party. There was interest in the
early days of Lavalas for politics among the masses but now the vast majority
in the provinces that I know say that the leaders now are just another group
of big eaters.While everyone else is still arguing about election results the
vast majority of the electorate are wondering where they are going to find
charcoal [all the tree are almost gone] and, assuming they find charcoal,
where are they going to find something to cook!

Kind of makes all the talk of which government in the last 200 years is the
least corrupt seem irrelevant.
                                                G.