12884: Haitian University in Crisis: Voice your Opinion (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Haitian University in Crisis- voice your opinion

What is autonomy? Not controlled by others or by
outside forces; independent: an autonomous judiciary;
an autonomous division of a corporate conglomerate.
Independent in mind or judgment; self-directed.
Independent of the laws of another state or
government; self-governing.

In discussing this sensitive issue, please refer to
the Haitian law; stay away from emotion;
In Haiti2004, we discuss the issue base on existing
laws, my friends in the Corbetreland and any Haitian
groups, can we discuss objectively this current
crisis. Where do you stand? Well neutrality is a
position but in reality it does not exist.  Read
carefully article 208 and make your call. Ladies and
gentlemen: you have to stand for principles and for
the due respect of the law in the book.

THE UNIVERSITY - THE ACADEMY- CULTURE
ARTICLE 208:

Higher education is free. It is provided by the
University of the Haitian State (Université d'Etat
d'Haïti), which is autonomous and by the superior
public schools and the superior private schools
accredited by the State.

ARTICLE 209:
The State must finance the operation and development
of the Haitian State University and the public
superior schools. Their organization and their
location must be planned from the perspective of
regional development.

Reference:
The University- The Academy- Culture:
Haitian Embassy website