12908: Re: 12886: Re: 12871: Re: 12817: Re: 12816: Re: Lavalas and corruption; Simidor responds to Pierre (fwd)

From: Lois E Wilcken <makandal-ny@juno.com>

My message regarding culture and corruption was in response to a
suggestion that corruption runs throughout Haitian society and is not
specific to the political class.  Unfortunately, I no longer have the
message to which I was responding, and Bob hasn't archived it yet.
Frankly, I'd like to put this on hold until it is archived.

Lois

PS   The words "culture" and "civilization" are not interchangeable.
Small, relatively isolated groups of people possess culture but lack the
level of technology that defines civilization.

La Troupe Makandal - New York City's Center for Haitian Drum and Dance
621 Rutland Road, Brooklyn NY 11203
718-953-6638 / makandal-ny@juno.com
www.makandal.org