12904: Is voodoo a Religion: Prove it (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Is voodoo a Religion: Prove it

I heard close to 60% of Haitian practice voodoo.
Where these folks worship? In Haiti I saw huge
Catholic churches, Adventist, protestant, Jehovah
witnesses and so on. I have not yet seen a Voodoo
church.
It has to be the most predominant religion in Haiti
since it has 60% of the Haitian population.
I saw Protestant, Catholic giving away free food to
the people, build school and provide some healthcare.
I have not heard seen the most predominant Haitian
religion doing these stuffs for its members.
For instance, I’m a registered member in my catholic
church (Roman and Episcopal) I attend both. If someone
wants to contact any member in my church, a phone call
away or visit the church; how to contact members of
the voodoo religion? Is there a list? Who is in charge
of that religion?
The protestant, the Adventist, the catholic and many
other religions have a leader or someone in charge.
When these folks convene to discuss new issues.
For instant how many adherents in Gonaive,
Port-au-Prince, Jeremie, Ouanaminthe (ou nan main) and
so on

I work in the academic arena, I feel comfortable with
scholastic work and research as well, I like to see
tangible data that can support any statement. I’m not
part of Haitian Yo di club. It is about time to remove
that myth. I can say that Georgia has a minority
Catholic population, I can prove it, I can bring
tangible data to support my claim. If you are curious,
you can also request the name of the adherent, I defy
anyone you to do it in the voodoo Religion.

I don’t believe 60% of Haitian practice voodoo

I ask this question for information only, I’m a
diehard Catholic and I can defend my faith.

Senou for the club