12917: Historical lithographs : Corbett opens a reply

From: Lois E Wilcken <makandal-ny@juno.com>

A friend would like to see lithographs made during and about the Haitian
Revolution.  Any suggestions?

Lois

La Troupe Makandal - New York City's Center for Haitian Drum and Dance
621 Rutland Road, Brooklyn NY 11203
718-953-6638 / makandal-ny@juno.com
www.makandal.org

----------------

Lois, in my library I have more than 280 items (books and journal
articles) which are about the Haitian Revolution.  Quite a few of them
have lithographs in them.  Then there are many more books which may not
even come up under that search (Haitian Revolution), but under the
biographies of Toussaint, Dessalines, Christophe and such.

However, I have absolute no time to search for them.  If you folks want to
make a visit to my home in St. Louis all the relevant books are in just
two rooms and you could check them out.  I don't lend books from my
library, but I do have a scanner and would scan images for you.

Bob Corbett