12921: ::: Haitian Family Day Picnic ::: Update ::: (fwd)

From: Les Nouvelles PromoInter <promointer-mail@intermediahaiti.com>

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Haitian Family Day Picnic
August 31, 2002
10:00AM to 7:00PM
Belmont Race Track Park
Elmont, NY

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ALL HAITIANS Representing
Port-au-Prince, Cap Haitien, St. Marc, Gonaives, Miragoane, Leogane, Grand Goave, Les Cayes, Port de Paix, Jeremie, Petit Goave, Pétionville, Carrefour, Bas Peu de Choses, Cotes de fer, Ouanaminte, Archaie, Hinche, Croix des bouquets, Etc... Etc...

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Welcome to the third and final edition of the "Haitian Family Day" (HAFAD2002) Picnic newsletter. As we are close to the big event date, this is the last e-mail you should be receiving from us. Hopefully we have done a good job keeping you abreast of what has been going on, and that by now, you are impatiently waiting the BIG PICNIC day of Saturday August 31, 2002.

Topic covered in this issue:

1- The day is around the corner.
2- Admission to Belmont  Park Facility
3- Do's and Don'ts for a great day
4- Entertainment update
5- Vendors update
6- Tickets Price information
7- Directions to the park
8- Our list of proud sponsors
9- Let's get the word out to all Haitians

1-The day is Around the Corner
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
With only one week to go, we are putting the final touches on the planning of HAFAD2002, the great Haitian Family Day picnic. We have been getting increased number of phone calls and e-mails from Haitians from all over the US and other part of the globe as they make their plans to converge on Belmont park on August 31, 2002. The staff of HAFAD and RockMasters entertainment will be ready to cordially receive all the guests for this great reunion of friends and family. We hope that you are ready for HAFAD2002.

2-Admission to Belmont Park Facility
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
You will enter the Belmont facility from Hempstead turnpike through gate #5 and will be directed by the park staff to the proper parking area. All guests will pay and enter the park through the main turnstiles. If you have advance tickets, go to the booth designated from advanced tickets admission.
All vendors, performers, VIPs and members of the press must not attempt to enter through the turnstiles. Follow the sign that will direct you to the rear entrance of the park.

3-Do's and Don'ts for a Great Day
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
- You are allowed to bring your picnic basket into the park if you wish.
- You are not allowed to cook & light a fire. Hot food is available from 2 great Haitian restaurants.
- Alcoholic beverage will not be sold at the park. Any exposed alcohol bottle will be confiscated by the park security.
- Bring on the children and have them enjoy the playgrounds. But, do keep close supervision on your kids as there will be no one supervising the area.
- We everyone to fully enjoy the day, so anyone with unruly behavior will be ejected from the park.
- Park open at 10:00AM - So please come early to avoid the rush, get a good spot and enjoy all the day's activities
- Park will close by 8:00PM and we ask every one to leave in an orderly manner and avoid any disturbances. We need to be able to get the park again for this annual event.

4-Entertainment Update.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The entertainment program has not changed much since our last newsletter.  We have added the Twoubabou artist Gifrants and his group who will perform in the morning to welcome our guests as they arrive. You will truly be delighted by his performance.
We have also added the new Haitian Hip Hop & R&B group "Assassin." This group has just released its first CD titled "AS IS." We think that they may be the next Haitian superstars in the American Music industry following the footstep of Wyclef Jean.
We also welcome the VIP presence of the staff of Wyclef's "refugee camp" who have supported this event.
The featured bands, as announced, will be Sweet Micky, Top Vice and System Band, along with a line up of solo artists and dancers. Not to forget the fashion show.
- Keep checking our site "HAFAD2002" for additions and changes to the program.

5-Vendors Update
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The deadline for new vendors applications has passed. Last minute vendors will be considered only if they will add something unique to the program. Our vendors list cover a wide range of product and services. One of the latest one added, FSB consulting will demonstrate the use of alternative energy, namely solar energy for various applications in remote locations of Haiti.  We've also added Haiti Reborn from Maryland who will present, painting, masks, films, etc., from Jacmel. Other new ones include the Carrie Art collection, Pillows & things, Finesse Novelty, M&M Jewelry, only to name a few.

So don't forget to bring cash for great shopping at HAFAD2002

6-Tickets Info
 :::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 We've been getting many calls about our ticket prices. There were rumors
that the tickets were $20 to $25.
 The truth is, tickets prices are ONLY $10 in advance and ONLY $15 at the
door until the day before the event. These prices are final and will NOT change.
 - Advanced Ticket locations are on our web site at
 www.rockmasters.com/haitianday/tickets.htm
 -You can buy tickets at the gate the day of the event.   Remember that
children 6 and under are free.

7-Directions to the Park
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 Directions to the park by car, subway, railroad or bus from all areas is
also available at www.rockmasters.com/haitianday/Directions.htm

8-Our list of Proud Sponsors
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 Unitransfer, PromoBank in Haiti, Moment Creole (WLIB1190AM), Western
 union, Haiti Observateur, Cafe Rebo, Sakapfet.com, Fouye.com,
 Kompamania.com, Haitixchance.com, Heritagekonpa.com, Haitiwebs.com,
 Baldwin Financial services, Duch Travel agency, All Care Medical & Rehab,
 Radio Soleil, Nouveau Manoir, Solange Variete, Harlem style beauty,
 Little Flower Childhood center, Caribbean voice, Anolis Vert club,
 Harricardeau TV show

9-FOR ONE LAST TIME
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
- Let's get the word out to all Haitians. We have done our best to deliver the message about this event to all Haitians via e-mail, Internet web sites, Newspapers, radio, TV, flyers and postal mailing.  We now ask for your support by passing the word out by forwarding this newsletter to everyone in your address book. - Haitians support Haitians, let's make HAFAD2002 a great Haitian event - Click on your "Forward icon" now.....

Visit the Official picnic web site at
http://www.rockmasters.com/haitianday/

Jean Claude Elie
HAFAD Picnic committee
http://www.rockmasters.com/haitianday/
haitianday@rockmasters.com
Blue & Red are the colors of the day

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
This message on behalf of "The Haitian Family Day Picnic 2002" is brought to you by:

The PromoInter News
http://www.intermediahaiti.com/subscribe-pb/
News from PromoBank Haiti

PromoChange ExPress
http://www.promointer.net/pi-change-fr/
For All of Your Foreign Exchange Needs

PromoInter
http://www.promointer.net
The International Net Service of PromoBank Haïti