12942: Re:12935 Nadal to DeGraff (fwd)

From: Olivier Nadal <o_nadal@bellsouth.net>

Mr DeGraff
I  have  read your message carefully. Education starts at home when you are
a child of one year old  .When you are at the age of walking.When you start
running around ,touching and breaking objects in your home.Mothers and
fathers are there to teach you NOT to touch and BEHAVE yourself. Eventually
they will spank their children if they do not obey just to teach them good
manners.Then parents continue to educate their children through adolescence
until they become young adults.I have heard that the most important part of
the education is between three years and six years. If parents failed to
teach  their kids some principles during that time, troubles start . At
school, education begins at pre- school and then  kindergarten and goes all
the way through  elementary school, mid school,  high school and college and
university.As I said before it is a long process.It takes time.The results
depend exclusively on how much  time parents  will spend  teaching children
a good education .It is their sacrifice which will decide of the course of
their life. Education is universal.Teachers also have an major role in
giving kids a good education.
Now what I was trying to say to Mrs Dorce is that in Haiti ,you have
educated people in all classes or sectors of life.It is not because you are
a bourgeois that you are more educated.That's a myth.The elite the way the
lavalas are using this word is a myth too. We do have an intellectual elite
that is well known all over the world. We have some bourgeois but we do not
have a bourgeoisie functioning as a responsible class toward the haitian
community.The cause is fear.The haitian  bourgeois have been threatened the
last fifty years by  the haitians politicians.Many of them left in exile
while many others are lying six feet underground .The fact that our
bourgeoisie is not playing its role fully,it is   because we are receiving
all kind of threats every day  from an incompetent, irresponsible ,terrorist
and most corrupted  lavalas dictatorship .This situation does not give the
right to people who never worked and suffered in Haiti to insult our
community.We are hard working people that are working in a very difficult
business environment under constant threats and fear.

Now to answer the part "why mothers seem to play no role in his definition
of education" let me remind you that I often think in french eventhough many
people on this list do not like the  french language.General Lafayette would
turned himself in his grave if he could hear such ineptitude.You are really
searching "pour la petite bete".In french we say,I translate for you
,education is transfered   "De pere en fils"," from fathers to sons". it is
just a sentence.I added myself daughters and I forgot mothers.MY APOLOGY TO
ALL THE MOTHERS WHO ARE ON THE CORBETT LIST.IT WAS NOT OF MY INTENTION TO
FORGET YOU.OF COURSE MOTHERS PLAY A BIGGER ROLE IN THE EDUCATION OF THEIR
CHILDREN.MOST OF THE TIME BETTER THAN ,WE, FATHERS.SORRY.

Olivier Nadal