12976: Change in Haiti/The "Bourgeoisie" (fwd)

From: R obert Smith <lakay200@yahoo.com>

Anyone who thinks that after Lavallas everything will
be fine in Haiti and the country will change for the
best, is naïve and does not understand the mentality
of Haitian folks.  What’s going on in Haiti right
today is a Haitian problem.  The country is filled
with opportunists, paupers, nege nwa who want to be
neg blan.  When I was growing up my grand father used
to say “Neg nwa kip ap achete rang sociale”

A lot of those who are complaining about Lavallas
today, would do the same thing or worse if you were to
put them in the seat because the concept of building a
nation for the good of all citizens almost does not
exist in our set of beliefs.  We take turns breaking
each other’s bones, and fail to unite when we need to.
 We enjoy criticizing each other and refrain from
finding solutions together.  We cooperate with the big
boss, knowing full well that they never care about our
well-being as human beings.  I’m not interested in any
political discussions about Haiti because we know what
it is and what it will be for a long time.  I think I
am more interested in understanding the psychology of
Haitians as a people.  What’s wrong with us?  Please
do not think I am implying that the current government
should not be criticized.  However, I don’t believe
that a campaign to destabilize the current government
is good thing for Haiti, in my opinion.

When you hear people like Nadal talks, you pray that
he never becomes president of our country because we
know what would happen to our black brothers and
sisters who look like Aristide.  Nadal would make sure
that he protects his bourgeoisie club; hence make sure
that we never get admitted.  Mr. Nadal, Haiti needs a
bourgeoisie that believes in removing the garbage all
in all corner of the country, rather than just in its
backyard, a bourgeoisie that is disgusted by the smell
of garbage, a bourgeoisie that believes educating a
people is for the good of a nation, a bourgeoisie that
understands the real meaning of development and that
cherishes the environment, a bourgeoisie that makes a
whole country proud, a bourgeoisie that can be seen as
a positive example for the masses.  Lastly, Haiti
needs a non-racist and a more attractive bourgeoisie
than the one exists now.