12982: Disabled Awareness Week in Haiti (fwd)

From: Matt Ray <mraymus@yahoo.com>

Dear Friend,

Healing Hands for Haiti, Fondation Espoir and ACCORDS are pleased to present you with our joint venture. Our common goal is to launch a national campaign in order to heighten the awareness of the Haitian society regarding the reality of those who are disabled. We have chosen to promote our cause via music and art and are very excited to have obtained the participation of internationally renowned artists.
The media campaign will be launched in September, leading up to a week of events programmed during the period of September 15th to 21st 2002. The week will culminate with a Musical Gala and Haitian Art Auction on the evening September 21st. At the Gala, we will also be launching a video illustrating how the disable played an important role in our history, the reality in which they live today and where we should be heading as a society in order to better integrate all the citizens of our complex society. This video will than be distributed to all the major national and international medias in the Haitian community.
Enclosed in this package is the information concerning the events.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the support you have given to the worthy cause of rehabilitation and education of the disabled and invite you to join us in Haiti to launch this campaign in the Fall.

Best Regards,

Gina Ferrus Duncan					Nadege Robertson Tippenhauer
HHH Foundation					Fondation Espoir
Executive Director					Executive Director

Matt Ray
Healing Hands for Haiti Foundation, Inc.
http://www.healinghandsforhaiti.org
mraymus@yahoo.com
661.588.4400 - phone
413.740.0772 - efax