12986: Public Use of A PRIVATE LIST (fwd)

FROM: Kevin Pina      <kpinbox@hotmail.com>

I must write to object to Jim Morrell's public posting of a response in
which I am referred to throughout and which originated in a debate on this
PRIVATE list. It can be found at the bottom of page:
http://www.inxil.com/~haiti/Main/whatsnew.htm , and it is posted under the
heading "Further Morrell commentary in response to questions by Kevin Pina".

As with most lists, threads appears and disappear and I usually wait and do
more research on a specific topic, such as elections in Haiti, let it
develop a bit more, and then post a response. I have been preparing a reply
to Mr. Morrell in this manner for a while now and was shocked when it was
called to my attention that he opportunistically placed it on his highly
visible and public website. He did not even have the decency to request my
permission nor post the entire thread thus taking my remarks and opinions
out of the context of the list and that particular discussion.

While I understand many people may share posts of others with their friends
in private, which does not bother me in the least, I must object to having
debates in which I participate on the list used by an organization such as
CIP, or an individual such as James Morrell, who posted it on their public
websites without my consent.

I welcome the free and unfettered debate on the Corbett list which allows me
the right to participate and develop my own arguments and presentations at
my own pace. If Mr. Morrell wanted to challenge me to respond he could have
done so quite easily on the list, instead he chose to make a public matter
of our debate to feed his own ego and garner points for his own position,
which I still consider a weak apology and rationale for a bad foreign
policy.