12012: Postive achievements in Haiti

From: Jepiem@aol.com

>From Math Jay on positive developements in Haiti.
Isn't it sad indeed that in a Country of eitght million people all we can
point
to is a short strip of road resurfacing as an accomplishment. I emphasize
the
word country. We are not dealing here with some rinky dinky little town
where
the mayor can rest on his laurels after inaugurating the main road leading
town. I would think that out of respect for the governed one would demand
more
from a government. What about languishing perennial problems of inadequate
means of communication, insuficient irrigation and drinking water, no
electricity to run the plants or the little mom an pop business or the
home
refrigerator or freezer, inadequate health care, the rising rate of
kidnapping
and other forms of crime, the many corruption scandals etc... I hate to be
so
negative but a short strip of road just doesn't cut it for me.