12017: Father Grave--leaving the list (fwd)

From: R obert Smith <lakay200@yahoo.com>

It's wrong when Aristide's supporter attack or menace
non-Aristide's supporter and it should also be seen as
an obscene act when non-Aristide's supporters attack
or mencace Aristide's supporters.  What happen to the
"peace, freedom, free speech loving people" on this
list?  There would have already been an expression of
rage and anger expressed here, if it were a
non-Aristide's supporter on this list that was being
menaced.  I'd like to assume that maybe people are
away for the long weekend holiday, and that's why we
have not heard people condemning this act.

I feel sorry for the poor Haitians that are suffering
today because of our acts as Haitians.  It is a shame
and incomprehensible that we are letting our country
disappear in front of us because we don't like one
man, who whether we like it or not was elected by the
majority.  What father Graves asked was just proof to
back up some of the accusations that have been posted
here.  What is so scary and threatening about that?
Wouldn't IRI feel, Kaplim feel much better about
themselves if they could come up with some valid proof
about their accusations?  Have we freaking loose our
mind.

One journalist told me in Haiti that he had proof that
Aristide has done this or that.  I told him as a
responsible journalist, wouldn't it make sense to find
a way to expose some of these proofs that you he
claimed he  had.  He now lives in the US, and I've
encouraged him to leak some the proof that he claims
he has to the international media if that would make
him feel better.  Until today, I see no actions on the
part of this irresponsible journalist.  Are we saying
that Aristide is so brilliant that he's been able to
escape, the CIA plus orther paid spies in his circle
about his "illegal" avtivities.

I recently went back to live in Haiti for a year or
so.  I had the opportunity to mingle with both
pro-lavalas and anti-lavalas, and even members from
the artificial opposition.  What I realized is that
they all think the same way--they know each other very
well, went to the same school and even marry each
other.  I discovered that members of Lavalas and
Covergence share the same mentality, even those who
went to live abroad for a long time, when they go back
to Haiti, they get in the same pattern of thinking as
if they had never left Haiti.  Sadly, a lot of
Haitians think alike.  The scary thing is that none of
them have a vision for Haiti.  They will keep
critizing each other, act as if they are superior to
each other, call themselves elite, bourgeois.  Put all
of them together they are wothless.

I've lost hope for Haiti, except if God can help us
change our mentality which is  killing us and
destroying us.  We are responsible for most ou misery
and suffering.  The big boss would not have so much
control over us, if we did not allow it to happen.
Remember, IRI is not headed by a white american in
Haiti.  Convergences is made of Haitians, poor dark
skinned men and women in Haiti are calling themselves
bourgeois and elite and believe it.  They believe that
the bourgeois will be on their side, but do not
realize that the bourgeois only needs them to do their
dirty work and will never genuinely welcome to thier
circle.

Sadly, the majority of poor Haitians got caught in all
this mess and is left with no control over its
destiny.  They've been made to that Aristide is
responsible for all their problems, and forget to
remind them that all those before Aristide were
narrow-minded people with not vision for a nation,
hence neglect building roads, communications, water
systems, schools, hosptitals, care for the
environment.  Haitians seems to have amnesia.  All of
a sudden, all that is bad in the country is Lavalas or
Aristide's fault.  Again, have we lost our freaking
mind.

Those wanna be or mediocre intellectuals would say
that Haiti needs an opposition to encourage pluralism.
 Convergence is not about promoting pluralism, but
rather a whole bunch of parasites who are enriching
themselves.

I wish father Graves well, may you continue to beleive
in what you beleive in, and continue to challenge
irrespoonsible people to give us proof because that's
not too much to ask.