13042: Labrom posts: Fw: 12019: Re: 12936: 12923: The "Elite" who does this refer to?

>From Jacqui Labrom voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

Having lived in this country for quite a while and having friends amongst
both the poor and the 'elite' I really must say that one should really not
generalise about people. There are good and bad poor people and good and bad
'Elite'. I have many friends who do not sexually abuse their help, do not
loan their vehicles etc. Being poor does not automatically preclude them
from being violent or criminal, and being rich does not make them bad
either. The majority of people I meet in Haiti both poor, middle class and
'elite' are good, and striving to make a living and to make sense of what is
happening in the country. There are good and bad people in every country in
the world, and we should not be wasting our time ranting and raving about
people here -let's put our money where our mouths are and do what WE CAN do
help the country positively -in whatever capacity we find is the right one
for us.

Jacqui Labrom

NB My new email address is: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com

VOYAGES LUMIERE

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE on: www.voyageslumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveller'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Los viajes para el turista iluminado'

Please note my new office/home phone number
249-6177 + cell phone 557-0753