13051: Senou: Consensus (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Consensus

OAS is about to ask the international community to
unfreeze the international assistance to Haiti. What
do you think? What is the position of the United
States?
Folks since there is no unity among us, a foreign
ncountry will decide for us. I believe the United
States had used our division to punish the Haitian
people. I bet with each of you, if the United States
government had seen some types of unity among us, and
we were willing to support the Haitians people in
Haiti, they could have used a different approach.
The international community is indeed the United
States of America and without the blessing of this
giant country the embargo will remain in place.

I urge the Haitians to put aside their eternal dispute
and put the country first. If the U.S. government has
a change of heart, aid can flow again but I don’t
believe this administration will back down. Therefore,
I urge the Haitian government to negotiate with the
opposition to put an end in the suffering of the
Haitian people.

The Lavalas government and the Opposition must share
power, form a consensus government and prepare the
country for a peaceful election. Therefore, the
executive must agree to replace the prime minister
with a neutral person. The country has a bunch of
folks who can help out: Prof Latortue, Rene Theodore,
Prof Desroches , Bazin and so on, get together form a
coalition government and get the ball rolling.

Senou