13054: Re: 13050: origin of song 'Fey' (fwd)

From: jacqualine labrom <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

Well I have a funny story about this song too. I had a group of Swedish
businessmen and women who came down over a year ago to see if Haiti was the
type of place they could send people on Business Incentive holidays - you
know when Salesmen make their targets etc. they get rewarded with a holiday.
(Haiti doesn't appear to have been successful but that's another story).

Anyway each evening the Swedish co-ordinator would get them to find out
things during the following day about Haiti. There was one guy who was a
real comic and he decided he would sing a song -and it was the 'Fey'
song -and I recognised he was singing it in Creole!!! WE were at Moulin sur
Mer at the time and Dominique Carvonis, the Manager came up behind him and
sang it with him. We laughed and said where on earth did you learn that -
they'd only been in Haiti 24 hours so there was no way he had learned it
since being in the country. He said an old teacher of his in Sweden had
taught his class when he was very young and he remembered the song - but
didn't know it was Creole - thought it might have been!!!

What was even funnier was on the Sunday morning- the whole group sang it to
me on the bus before they left and they were reading from pieces of paper. I
asked to see the paper and they said 'Oh you won't understand it' - because
it was phonetic Swedish/Creole!!!

It was so funny!!

Jacqui Labrom

VOYAGES LUMIERE

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE on: www.voyageslumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveller'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Los viajes para el turista iluminado'

Please note my new office/home phone number
249-6177 + cell phone 557-0753