13074: Dorce posts:Re:13043: Jhudicourtb response to Manbo (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

JHUDICOURTB@aol.com writes:

<< I would advise you to try to follow some outstanding examples of Americans
 who gave their life to Haiti and are grateful for what Haiti offered them.  I
 once went to a dinner where Haitians in Boston had invited Mrs. Mellon of the
 Albert Schweitzer Hospital in Deschapelles to give her an award and thank her
 for her work in Haiti.  She was a very old and wise woman who had given 50
 years of her life and her family's money to the Haitian people. I was
 surprised when in her speech she said:  "I have to thank the Haitian people
 who have welcomed my family and let us live among them.  They have given so
 much to us."  Most of us Haitians did not think of her relationship to Haiti
 that way, but she was right, healthy relationships must go both ways and are
 built on positive results.  >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Mrs. Mellon and her husband spent most of their lives giving to majority
Haitians what elites have denied them: basic medical care.  It's interesting
you cite her as your example of whom to emulate.  She didn't spend much time
with elites.....she and her husband went where the need was greatest and made
the most of their time there.  Mrs. Mellon knew what all of us who love Haiti
and her people know.  We learn as much from Haitians as they learn from us.
It is a symbiotic relationship.  That is what the elites of Haiti do not
understand or learn.  They should recognize that they have as much to learn
from their less wealthy brothers and sisters as they have to teach, and in my
opinion, more.  I have never known a people with a richer spirit.

Kathy Dorce~

Kathy Dorce~