13080: Saint-Vil posts Re: 13045: Canadians welcome in Haiti? - Saint-Vil adds (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Where the hell did this "Canadians aren't welcome in Haiti" crap come from
anyway?

Can anyone point to any Canadian victim of «hate crime» in Haiti, this past
year? in the last 10 years? in the last 50 years? - ever?

Perhaps if, unlike their French and American counterparts (who surely have
their own right reasons), the folks at the Department of Foreign Affairs and
Trade would stop publishing these stupid warnings that are scaring «some»
Canadians away from Haiti, more such Canadians would stop worrying about
being cought without RCMP protection among the «natives» of the dangerous black
Republic.  Does all this somehow remind you of the statements of one Mel
Lastman,  current Mayor of Toronto, who publicly expressed his serious
concern that people would risk being boiled alive by African natives, if ever
the Olympics were to be held on that continent?  Yes folks, this is happening
in our ever so enlightened 21st century!

The truth my friend is that, even to this day, there are many Rhodesia-like
neighborhoods in the Republic of Haiti where the type of Canadians that are
being scared away by DFAIT would be made to feel more at home than the most
Haitian of Haitians. But, as you can deduce from some messages on this very
list, you may not want to spend your time in such good and exciting company. As
for the people you are told to avoid like the plague, I highly advise that as
soon as you set foot in Haiti, you go spend an hour with them in their shanty
town of Site Soley, Bèlè, Lafosèt, Kafoufèy and I am sure you will realize
quite qickly how stupid and useless the paranoia being propagated by the folks
at DFAIT  has been all along.

Let's put it this way, any black Haitian on this list has far more serious
reasons to fear for his life walking the streets of NYC, than any Canadian of
any type shall ever have walking anywhere in Haiti.

Haitians are the only ones who often face serious danger in Haiti because of
how they look. It has always been this way and you can count on the "Friends of
Haiti" to keep things in "order" - on both sides of the island.

So, enjoy your trip man and upon your return, please remember to send a short
note to DFAIT.

Jafrikayiti
«Depi nan Ginen bon nèg ap ede nèg!»
http://www.i-port.net/sd-in-j/