13096: Pierre-Pierre: Re: 13062: Simidor posts: The Haitian elite revisited (fwd)

From: Haitian Times <publisher@haitiantimes.com>

I think Simidor is absolutely correct in his assessment of the Haitian
elite. In response to Lois Wilkens. Of course Haiti needs an elite, just
like any other society does. The elite is what WEB Dubois called the
"Talented Tenth" The problem in Haiti is that we don't have one. We have a
moneyed class, which does not know how to increase or create more wealth so
that they can pass it down and increase the middle class, which in turn will
defend the elite's interests. That's why you have chimreres right now
blossoming in Haiti.

cheers,

garry pierre-pierre