13107: Jean-Pierre: On the song "Fy"

From: JJEANPIERRE1@aol.com

In my collection of Haitian songs spanning from the forties on, I have a
rendition of Fy  by the Trio Legros (Dodophe, Jean and Archibald) played
on a
much faster tempo than Choeur Simidor (late fifties) and Boukman's.  It
was
recorded in early forties by Radio Metropole founder and one of our best
vocalists ever Herbie Widmaier ( (or maybe his father Ricardo) who by the
way
have put on vinyl (yeah folks, there was once such a thing) most of the
best
songs from our greats.   Who knows who penned that song?  Most of those
goldies
were from the countryside and their authors were never recognized.  Haiti
is
still waiting for Harry Belafonte to give a little of his residuals he
made
from recording some of our great songs.
jean jean-pierre