13116: Craig Re: 13100: Danger in Haiti (fwd)

From: Dan Craig <dgcraig@att.net>

Deb Stockdale put into words what I have thought for a long time.  When
traveling into an unknown situation, I try to remember I'm a guest and
conduct myself accordingly.  I also try to keep my eyes open and my
mouth shut, as I generally do publicly here in New York.

I have read the various warnings by the US Departments of Transportation
and State and think they are unnecessarily alarmist.  Unfortunately, my
father discouraged exposure to any environment where people were
"different".  On the other hand, my mother's side of the family would
have said, "Go for it".

I did -- and do -- and have never regretted my choice.  Hopefully my
5-year-old niece will be as adventuresome.