13141: Re: Edouard to Dorce (fwd)

From: Felix Edouard <loveayiti@hotmail.com>

>From Dorce:
"It takes no guts at all to be against everything, but to stand up
for what's right and the person (potential candidate) who embodies those
righteous values....that takes courage"

Somehow you missed the entire point of my message. But by your response I
feel stronger about it than before. The point was it takes little or no
courage to post something on this list or to call from changes in government
for New York, California or Canada if you are American or Canadian or have
an unrecognizable Haitian name. Every Haitian who is highly critical of the
current lavalas government or for that matter the former military government
takes (or took) a chance that one day he/she or some family member may have
to pay for the comments. In Haiti it is simply not accepted. There is no
"agree to disagree", "let work together for the greater good" and all those
other brotherly, kumbaya...theories that exist on paper. The name of the
game is "You are either with me or against me ..period". In our 200 year
history how many politicians have retired and live happily every after? You
can probably count them on one hand. Whoever follows will usually come after
you with a vengeance. Do you really believe things have changed that much it
Haiti??

Based on this the majority of the business people simply stay away for the
politics. Yes, they play behind the scenes but that's about it. Nadal
decided to get involved (right or wrong) and he paid a price and ,in my
opinion, would not feel very safe in Haiti. This is not about a specific
person but the reality of Haiti.