13145: Laleau replies: Re: 13137: Corbett replies to both Dorce and ayiti1804: A plea for knowledge (fwd)

From: NLaleau@aol.com
    for knowledge

Dear Bob, Thanks once again for a well-thought response. Regarding solutions
for Haiti, I am stymied too because I had thought that having a person arise
from among the people, one who could articulate their wishes and unite the
diverse hearts of the poor majority, could be the solution. I thought a wise
person with a deep spirituality and the generosity to transcend individual
gain might have a chance of uniting enough of even the more powerful middle-
and upper-class sectors to find a solution for the country as a whole. That
person would probably have had to be super-human... some kind of a hero
and/or saint.  It looks like, despite much experience and better judgment, I
allowed myself to think that was possible. It's a hard hope to relinquish.
--nancy laleau