13152: Dorce posts:Re: 13141: Edouard on Nadal (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 9/11/02 3:36:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Felix Edouard
<loveayiti@hotmail.com> writes:

<< Based on this the majority of the business people simply stay away for the
 politics. Yes, they play behind the scenes but that's about it. Nadal
 decided to get involved (right or wrong) and he paid a price and ,in my
 opinion, would not feel very safe in Haiti. This is not about a specific
 person but the reality of Haiti.  >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
And my point is, if Nadal hadn't advocated removal of Aristide, his views
might have been taken differently.  The people will go to great lengths to
see that their efforts in electing the president they wanted will not be
undone.....AGAIN.  If democracy was firmly in place and no outside
interference existed, this wouldn't be a problem.  But we are not long out of
the coup years.  It should no longer be an option, but some people don't want
to play by the rules.  You do not remove a president you don't like; you vote
him out next election.  If the opposition acts responsibly, they can oppose
all they like.  But I think it is very unwise to talk about shortening
Aristide's term or further sabotaging progress in Haiti to prove that
Aristide can't do the job.

Kathy Dorce~