13162: Re: 13159: Karshan with some details on copyright office (fwd)

From: MKarshan@aol.com

So far I have ascertained that copyright office, which is under the
jurisdiction of the Ministry of Culture, is in fact located at Ruelle Roy #
31, and the telephone numbers there are 223-2382, and 223-2262.  However, I
could not  reach anyone at either number so don't bother to call right now.

It turns out that the L'Union has been carrying a communique daily about this
office (silly me for not noticing earlier!).  It says in essence:

thanks to everyone who supported this effort.  The office is possible under
Article 27 of the decree of 1968.  The office is open and they await any
reports on wrongful and unauthorized use copyrighted materials.  Our mission
to work to protect the legal rights of copyright.  We are calling on everyone
for your cooperation and we strive to have an efficient system to protect the
copyright of the author.

I hope this is helpful and I hope to gain more information shortly.