13181: Re: 13156: Dorce to Edouard (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 9/12/02 10:51:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Felix Edouard
<loveayiti@hotmail.com> writes:

<< Again you have proven my point and this is the primary problem that exist
in
 Haiti today. "You are either for me or against me"
 Anyone who criticizes the government is automatically branded a coup
 supporter, a macoute, a duvalierist or right winger.  >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
No, that isn't what I'm saying.  You can speak against Aristide, that is his
policies, his actions or inactions.  But when you talk about getting rid of
the president you are over the line.  It's not my line.  It's democracy's
line.  I believe in free speech.  I criticize Bush all the time.  I have been
told that I should move if I don't like my government.  Interesting isn't it.
 Here in the bastion of free speech I am told that because of my ideas I
should get out of the country.  Well people in Haiti do not die because they
question the government.  But when they advocate overthrow of the
government......that's risky.  And though I am not for violence, I understand
why this happens.

I'm not going to discuss Nadal with you any further.  As you say, he can
speak for himself.  And I will answer him.

Kathy Dorce~