13189: Nadal replies to Hoover (fwd)

From: Olivier Nadal <o_nadal@bellsouth.net>

Mrs.Hoover, you cannot compare Port-au-Prince with New York City. PAP is a
city that has been built over the years for 300,000 people.Today in 2002,
there are about 2,000,000 people living in PAP. Infrastructures  to allow
those 2 millions people to live a hygienic and healthy environment do not
exist.It is the responsability of the  Lavalas government to provide
services to protect the health of the PAP population.Since the return of JBA
in Haiti in 1994 until today ,the city of PAP has never been cleaned. It has
never been  in the priorities of the Lavalas Leadership to pick up the
garbage.They spent most of their chasing opponents to arrest them and kill
them. If you go to PAP today,you will see that garbage are all over the PAP
streets,damped in huge piles in open sky .They have been damped mostly by
people who have no other means to get rid of  their garbage, since the
Lavalas government refuses to take its responsability and pick up
garbage.This garbage is a threat for the health of the population.Do you
think Lavalas cares about the health of the population.They just don't care.
The business community  in Haiti pay private companies to pick up their
garbage.Why do we have to pay again to pick up  garbage that are damped
openly in our streets because of the irresponsability and bad faith of the
Lavalas leadership?
This government is just doing nothing for the well being of the population.

You are speaking of fiscal austerity.What fiscal austerity?
Besides all the corruption that exists in Haiti today and the embezzlement
of public treasury funds by the Lavalas government,Jean Bertrand Aristide
bought a 2 million house in Taiwan. The ambassador of Taiwan.Michel Lu just
lost his post in Haiti .He was recalled in his country because of this
scandal and many others.
Jean Bertrand Aristide's fortune has been estimated at around 800 million
dollars.He has one account at the BANQUE OF LUXEMBOURG, account
number#657-9750-88+2356 for US$117 million on the name of Raymond Trouillot,
his brother in law.He has an other account in Tunisia ,account#
5570-900-412-30+5-639 forUS$ 87 millions on the name of Roger Trouillot and
Leticia Aristide,an other brother-in-law ,an other account in Panama under
the name of Gladys Lauture and Antonio Jean Baptiste Rene,
account#077-2264-7545 for US$ 40 millions and 286 thousand.And we believe
this is only a small part of JBA's fortune.
Yvon Neptune three months ago bought a house in New York City of more than
one million dollar.I am searching for more information and I will let you
know where it is located.
Jean Bertrand Aristide just changed his car fleet.He bought 25 armoured
brand new cars at US$ 250,000 per car which makes a total of US$6,250,000.
All black color.I will not speak of the daily embezzlement of haitian public
funds by the Lavalas government.I will have to type for days.So
,Mrs.Hoover,what kind of austerity is this?
How many garbages trucks could we buy with all this money, don't you think?
Now if there is some kind of austerity, it is because Lavalas cheated at the
elections and is violating human rights.

Olivier Nadal