13206: Skomal: Query on 1954 hurricane Hazel

From: Lmskomal@aol.com

[From Corbett:  excerpts from Lenore Skomal's note to me.]

My name is
Lenore Skomal, and I am a journalist by trade and an author.

   What I am specifically looking for is someone who is very familiar with
Haiti and can point me in the right direction. My book is on the hurricanes
of 1954. I am working on the portion on Hurricane Hazel, which devastated
Haiti, from what I understand. I need everything I can on this storm, and
since I don't speak French, any research will have to be in English.

Thanks so much in advance.
Lenore Skomal
814-897-1721
lmskomal@aol.com    PS I am also looking for firsthand accounts of the storm.