13210: Re: 13196:Dorce: Saint-Vil on Haitian elite(s) (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 9/17/02 7:31:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Jean Saint-Vil
<jafrikayiti@hotmail.com> quotes from   “AN INSIDE LOOK AT HAITI’S BUSINESS
ELITE”

<< “Aristide has been set up to fail, and when he does, the old guard, the
 "elite" with their "cruel ways," will return to power with the blessing of
 the U.S. government”.  >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
This has been crystal clear to me from the beginning and it stuns me when
everyone doesn't see that this is exactly what has been going on the whole
time.  Anyone who believed that the election of Aristide was going to be
accepted without meddling and finding some reason to question the validity of
the votes was just living in a dream world.  WHO(M) would be president was
never in question (and this galls the opposition) so the only way to effect
the outcome was to find the election fraudulent.  The opposition holds on to
this little frail string for dear life but even they know who was legally
voted president.  The people know what is going on, and that's why you see
the violence.  When the government is held hostage by the withholding of
funds and they are forced to punish those who do violence in order to stop
coups from forming, this breaks down loyalty to the government,
understandably.  This also sets up Aristide for failure.  It's a battle that
seems hopeless but I have seen miracles in Haiti before so I do not give up
hope myself.

Kathy Dorce~