13222: Senou: Resolution 822 and the reality (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Resolution 822 and the reality

That resolution has called for election and the
opposition is not ready for any election. Haiti needs
to appoint a team of expert to put thing in order
first before any election. Haiti has a political
problem, we should find a way to resolve it first
before proceeding. Now, the Lavalas government is
either paying or in the process of compensating the
opposition.
What do we put in place to prevent a reoccurrence?

That new resolution like the 806 is not going to work,
if we are truthful and understand the real problem we
should ask for a coalition government. The Lavalas
must share power with the opposition. Although there
are thousand of ways to resolve Haiti’s eternal
political dilemma, organizing an election today is not
one of them.

Let put aside the current OAS resolution; Lavalas and
the Convergence shall return to the negotiation table,
please do your best to reach a political compromise.
Put in place a new government, appoint a new prime
minister with either Mr. Bazin, Mr. Theodore, Prof.
Latortue (you must ask him ) and some others well
respected folks in the country, they will form a
coalition government with all sectors.

Don’t leave anyone out, since a rejected person may
become a danger for any system, we should integrate
everyone. Give people a second chance they can prove
themselves.
The latest OAS resolution might look good on paper but
it cannot be implemented 100% with the current Haitian
reality.

Again, I strongly believe a good coalition government
can help the country. Well some are going to say, you
have to go to the poll to get a mandate, now what
prevent you from moving forward.
Try something new: create a coalition government with
all sectors, in order for Haiti to move forward the
Lavalas must share power with the opposition: election
is not going to do it. Assume you organize any
election today, tomorrow or for the next 3 years, you
may have the same people in the congress, are you
going to solve the problem? No

Senou