13234: Re: 13195: Re: 13193: Senou: Does Lougaroup exist? (fwd)

From: JSenechal@aol.com

Hey Senou,

Please allow me to answer your questions pertaining to "LOUGAROUP" in
"VOODOO."
First of all, in HAITI, we say "LOUP-GAROU" (in  French) and we say "VAUDOU"
 ( in African "FON" language).
The LOUP-GAROU (in English: WOLF) is a EUROPEAN traditional story of ancient
times, it is a legend, it is an immortal saga.
According to the legend, it is a demon which takes a human form during the
day and at night becomes a wolf. This saga became popular amongst the
Africans who were in bondage in Hispanola then Santo Domingo now HAITI in
relation to the Europeans.
In HAITI'S FOLKLORE this saga flourishes, but we of African origin do not
forget the root of this legend. We remember this legend came with the advent
of the European into the NEW WORLD: AMERICA.
Today, there are many movies about the "WOLF" (LOUP-GAROU) including:
         - Le Pacte des loups (2001)( in English: Brotherhood of the Wolf)
(2002)
         - Wolf (1994) with Jack Nicholson and Michelle Pfeiffer (Excellent
movie I saw    it five (5) times).
         - Monster by Moonlight! (1999) (made for video)
         - Dances with the Wolves (1990) (in German: Der mit dem Wolf tanzt)
(1991).
         - Red Lips (1967) (in German: Rote Lippen) (1969).

For more movies and videos about the " LOUGAROUP," please check out this
WEBSITE:
                               WWW.WINDOWSMEDIA.COM
the key word is WOLF.

Hope you can enjoy these movies if you can find them.

Sincerely yours,

Jean-Jacques Senechal
Executive Director
HAITIAN CULTURAL SOCIETY