13235: Lyalls comments on Mizik and news coverage (fwd)

From: J.David <list@lyalls.net>

>Rasin bands like
> Boukan Ginen, Koudjay, or even Ram, have been on the cutting edge of
> political satire and liberation politics.  Boukman Eksperyans, whose
> Champ de Mars concert last Wed. evening was aborted by Lavalas
>and police thugs,
> is part of that proud tradition.  Bravo Boukman!

This breaking up of a Boukman concert by the Lavalapolis is
really incredible. There was full televised coverage the
next day of the polis going on stage and shutting down the show.

What is stranger about this event is that television in general
has changed markedly in the past two months. Since the revolt
of the Gonaives chimeres it seems. Two months ago all of the
tv coverage was of prezidan la. Now there are plenty of interviews
of people in the street denoucing the jba government.

This past week I saw a man praising Preval and calling the
jba period "chimerisation". Pretty interesting stuff from
a guy protesting because he cannot afford to send his children
to school.

I'd like all those folks writing from the belly of the beast
about what the 'majority class' people want to come watch some
television news in PauP.

Things have changed, folks.