13253: Senou: A call for duty: Haitian Commnuty Relations in Atlanta (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

HCR’s members, Corbettians, Haiti2004, AHAD
http://www.ahadonline.org/, Camaraderie Club and
anyone else interested in the Haitian issue, we need
your help to put in place the first structural Haitian
organization in the world. We have the skills and the
ability to make it happen. We need your guidance and
we want you to participate. We are located in Atlanta,
Georgia; it is a beautiful environment, ethnically
balanced and our ancestors had played a major role in
the outcome of the independence war of this great
nation in that peach state principally in the jungle
of Savannah that had become a beautiful city located
three hours from Atlanta.
HCR  (Haitian Community Relations in Atlanta)
Please send your feedback and tell us how we should
proceed
--------

Ladies and Gentlemen:
We are about to put in place a structural organization
in metro Atlanta, at the same time, we are preparing
to celebrate the Bicentennial of the birth of our
beloved country.  This is the first time in our
history an organization is born not out of friendship,
but with people from various backgrounds, faiths, and
religion.
As we try to fill each post with qualified people, we
are about to set an example that others will follow.
In a representative community, everyone who chooses to
take part must be included;  those who are qualified
must hold key posts.  Take a look at our native
country; we have plenty of qualified people, but
friendship and WhoYouKnow prevent the country from
moving forward.
My friends, we have to learn to respect qualification.
If you believe you can work only with your friends,
you have a long way to go, and it is a medicine for
disaster. When your car breaks down, you take it to a
mechanic. If you don’t feel well, you go see a medical
doctor. Why?  Because they are the experts, and I do
not believe you are going to tell them what to do.
When you have a plumbing problem, you ask a plumber
for advice, not a lawyer. Each of you has something
that you can do better than anyone else. Stick with
it.
 We have to learn to value everyone’s work and create
an environment for everyone to excel. That stigma
about us (not getting together); why not be the first
to remove it? We have hundreds, even thousands of
Haitians who excel in this beautiful country. You know
what? They value their work.  This is the secret. No
more, no less.
Mother Theresa once said, “If we are not worried about
who got the credit, we could have accomplished many
things in this world” Toussaint, Dessalines, Petion,
and Christophe had been mentioned as the founding
fathers of our independence. Do you believe these four
dudes could have done it? Thousands have given their
lives for our freedom.
I urge everyone to become part of the solution. For
those of you who might be reluctant, give it a try and
I promise you; you will not regret it.  Last Saturday,
a participant said that he had to look for a
babysitter in order to attend the meeting. This type
of people came with good faith and expects something
meaningful to be done: We must deliver!

We enter in a crucial phase, the time is our worst
enemy, we have to move with caution and fast.
Therefore, we need dedicated and committed people to
ensure a smooth celebration. That day will come
eventually but whatever you are going to see
happening, it would take hard work from committed
people like you.

This invitation is not for you to come and look, but
to participate and play an active role. Please,
prepare to join a committee

Haitian Community Relations
Please check at least one committee you might be
interested to join

Executive____	Planning____ 	Finance/Fundraising____
Information____Education____Sport and Recreation____
Public Relation__Mediation___Emergency Response Team
(ERT)___
HCR Tri-lingual newsletter ___HCR Book and Poetry Club
____
HCR Orchestra ____HCR Theater group ____
HCR Language’s contest _____	HCR troubadour _______
What is your field? ____________________________
What other skills do you have? __________________
HAITIAN_ATL@yahoo.com
Please register with your legal first and last name
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/haitian_atl

Next meeting Friday October 4th, 2002  at 6:25 PM
Smyrna Community Center
200 Village Green Circle
Smyrna, Georgia 30080
Center # 770-431-2842

Following the meeting you can purchase the newly
released book of Mr. René Godefroy “No Condition is
Permanent”  http://www.villagehero.com
Joseph Alfred
P.O. BOX 334
Smyrna, GA 30081