13274: Senou: A fresh start with a General election (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

It takes us 2 years to redo the May congressional
election. Now the Convergence may not go along unless
all posts are up for grab. We reach the point of no
return and the country should organize a fair election
as soon as possible. Why not organizing a general
election in January in which the current president
will be allowed to participate and solve that problem
once for all. Can we do it? Yes we can. If the Deputés
and Senators had to forfeit the remainder of their
term, the president should do the same.  Let’s have a
fresh start, bring international monitors, and put a
team in place to organize a general election in
January 12. The Congress will be sworn in Friday,
January 3, 2003 and the newly elected president on
Friday, February 7, 2003.

Let the voters decide. Whoever has the most votes
shall win and there should be no second round.  We do
not have to go anywhere to create the CEP, just use
article 289

ARTICLE 289:

Awaiting the establishment of the Permanent Electoral
Council provided for in this Constitution, the
National Council of Government shall set up a
Provisional Electoral Council of nine (9) members,
charged with drawing up and enforcing the Electoral
Law to govern the next elections, who shall be
designated as follows:

1) One for the Executive Branch, who is not an
official;
2) One for the Episcopal Conference;

3) One for the Advisory Council;

4) One for the Supreme Court;

5) One for agencies defending human rights, who may
not be a candidate in the elections;

6) One for the Council of the University;

7) One for the Journalists Association;

8) One for the Protestant religions;

9) One for the National Council of Cooperatives.