13301: Jepiem@aol.com on cyber cafes in Haiti

From: Jepiem@aol.com

It's so unfortunate but sadly true that the majority of business
establishments
in Haiti are staffed by people that are that unconcerned about the
clientele.
This is often commented upon among Haitians and the notion is that
Haitians are
"princely" and have to maintain a corresponding attitude. To them, being
courteous to a client seems to be demeaning. It's like a way to say "I'm
not
your slave". You encounter this attitude everywhere, not just in
cybercafes.
Just go to the market and tell the owner you don't like his/her produce.
You
will be pelted with insults. Go to a public office and try to assert your
right
to be served. You are in general completely ignored. And so on and so
forth. I
suspect I will meet with strong disapproval on this, but I believe it's
about
time these matter are laid out in the open and let's forget about these
myths
about Haitians being gentle people and all that. Let's start calling for
civism
and plain courtesy in human relations and everyday life. Not to say that
there
is none of that; however for some reason there is so much rudeness in
between
that it tends to dilute all the good faith you will encounter.