13320: kilgore: Boukman Eksperyans tour? (fwd)

From: clay@kilgore.com

Hello....

Does anyone here have word on the band Boukman Eksperyans... I was going to go enjoy one of
their shows, which was cancelled... I understand that they were denied visas for their recent
tour... any change? Has anyone a clue about possible/actual reasons why they might have been
"barred" from leaving (I mean if for "political" reasons, not wanting to dig into any of their
personal reasons!)

I know there was an incident Sept 18, Champ de Mars, show stopped by police because of that
song (forgot it's name) that pleads a particular social angle with whoever the current person
is in a particular political position. I am just wondering if (and if so, which),  some
particular figure head of either country may be hearing the words but not understanding the
meaning!/?

Please feel free to elaborate...
Clay Kilgore, daily list watcher, for years