13366: : Mambo Racine Re: 13349: Saint-Vil denounce Consulates' Warnings as RACIST

From: Racine125@aol.com

Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com> wrote:

> People let's face it, why is there no such warning
> for travellers going to
> Israel, Spain or New-York City... these are White
> nations!

Of course there are!  I am certain that the US government warns people about
travel in Israel - let me see...

On the US State Department's website, at
http://travel.state.gov/israel_warning.html , we find the following regarding
Israel:

"The Department of State warns U.S. citizens to defer travel to Israel, the West
Bank and Gaza. Ongoing violence has caused numerous civilian deaths and
injuries, including to some American tourists, students and residents. The
potential for further terrorist acts remains high. The situation in Jerusalem,
Gaza and the West Bank remains extremely volatile with continuing terrorist
attacks, confrontations and clashes."

Okay?

> We are dealing here with blatant, sickening,
> ugly and persistant Global
> racism against Haiti's people. Can we finally
> garner the courage to call it
> what it is?

Can we not finally rid ourselves of this hysteria?  Anytime a black person is
criticized, there is this inevitable outcry of "racism".  A country where the
majority of citizens are black is criticized - oh my gosh, "racism" again.  A
group of black people wanting political asylum don't get it in a big hurry -
"racism".  It's ridiculous!

What is "racist" is, for example, asking all the people who are "not black" at a
conference to leave.  That is an action based on "race", a "racist" act.

> it is NOT their jobs at the consulates to be
> biggots

There is only on "g" in "bigot".  More to the point, the last "travel warning"
issued by the US State Department for travelers to Haiti is dated December 28,
2001.  Not exactly a burning issue, even if you think the warnings are
deserved.  And the warning speaks about violent demonstrations, anti-foreign
rhetoric, crime, and sub-standard medical facilities.  It does not say, "Oh,
there's a lot of black people in Haiti, watch out!"

> Remember HHHH (HIV)? thank you CDC!

The Center for Disease Control's *research* identified four groups of people who
had a higher rate of HIV infection than the statistical average.  The four
groups were homosexuals, hemophiliacs, heroin users, and Haitians.  At that
time, those four groups had a higher rate of HIV infection than the statistical
average.  That is a FACT.  The reasons for that fact include multiple sexual
partners and unprotected intercourse for homosexuals, contaminated blood
products for hemophiliacs, needle sharing for heroin users... what do YOU think
the reasons are why Haitians had a higher rate of HIV infection than the
statistical average?

> if more tourists dare
> go to the "other world" of these dangerous blacks

The travel warnings do not denounce "dangerous blacks"!  Again, the most recent
State Department warning speaks about violent demonstrations, anti-foreign
rhetoric, crime, and sub-standard medical facilities.  And that "anti-foreign"
rhetoric, by the way, is some of the most racist I have ever heard.  All of
Haiti's problems are caused by the "blan", this mysterious, all powerful "blan"
that no one has ever met.  The rhetoric does not distinguish between
progressive "blans" and medical mission Cuban "blans" or between IMF "blans"
and journalist "blans", or even between American "blans" and French "blans",
it's enough to be a "blan" for those folks, and you are guilty of every and all
misfortune that has ever befallen Haiti!  THAT is racist.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian proverb

The VODOU Page - http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html