13383: Corbett asks for patience

Folks, I had gotten caught up about 2 full days ago, but now
the last two days the e-mail has been FRIGHTFULLY slow.  I have
at least 8 pages of e-mails (lots will be scam) which I have
never seen and simply can't open.

As you see, I can get to the compose feature, but not to my mail
to read (and thus to forward messages to you).

Add to that that the Haitian Studies Association meetings begin today
and I will be FRANTICALLY busy the next three days, you can see
that there will be very little coming your way for a while.

Don't despair!!!  This is a dry period, a chance to take a breath
and get ready for a deluge of mail after a week when I am back in
St. Louis.  Now only will I then get caught up, but will have lots
and lots to tell of the conference and I have already written several
reviews of new books and more news to share.

But, this next few days, even entire week coming, you may not hear
too much from me.  Please, don't send me ANY mail other than really
pressing items to be posted.  I can't read them and won't be able
to asnwer much mail until after Oct. 24th.

Thanks for your understanding,

Bob Corbett