13470: Senou: Our People (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Our People

A few hours ago, we saw live our brothers and sisters,
old, young, children and babies jumping into the water
then running but nowhere to go. This is a tragedy. We
shall not complain saying if they were Cuban the
Governor of Florida would go to receive, you know this
won’t happen but you Haitians, it is your duty to
assist them.
Haitian people, you are wasting close to 10 million
dollars in renting radio station in Miami to talk
crap. What have you done with this nonsense talk?
Oh yeah you are doing Haitian politic in the U.S. voye
monte.
You know this country will not move without peaceful
demonstration, as a citizen of this country you have
the right to demand that the Haitians immigrant be
treated like all the others. Yes, we are being single
out and the court system is not going to rule in our
favor, we have no choice but to start what MLK had
done in the 1960’s in this country.
You are being humiliated and your rights are being
violated, you should stand for those who cannot help
themselves.
Our brothers have been held in jail since December and
now 200 are added in it. What are you going to do? And
what you should do? Forget about Haiti right now the
fight is here in the U.S. ; Haitian in NY, Miami and
other place in the union shall organize peaceful
demonstration and demand to be treated like all others
immigrants.

Those of you who have been living in the U.S. for over
15 years, you know the U.S. government whether
republican or democrat will start listening to you if
you can mobilize 200, 000 people on the street of
Miami or NY for a couple of weekends. Oh you know, I’m
so and so, there are people to take the street, some
to write and some to establish high-level contact.
Jesse Jackson is taking the street, Mfume taking the
street, Robinson and others taking the street and you
Haitian folks ap pran poz chili chi chi.
Those who are resident cannot do too much but those of
you who are citizen; it is your duty to get together
to assist your people.  Oops, are you going to wait
for someone else to do it for you.
Senou