13472: esanon: Our Haitian brothers "Live from the shores of Biscayne Bay, Miami", Again... (fwd)

From: "esanon@gate.net" <esanon@gate.net>

Once again, we were about to beat the record of Mariel. Unfortunately,
according to the national media, more than 250; the Miami local media,
about 300; a Haitian "radyomann", 700 to 800.
Yes, our brothers and sisters, young, old, female, and male reached the
shores of Biscayne Bay, live on TV for about 4 hours non-stop.
What does that tell us, "other Haitians"? Of course, we do not take on the
boats to Miami!
Do we feel ashamed of something, even if we do not let it out of our
mouths? Do we have a statement, a biased statement, a naive statement, a
political statement?
Yes, a spokesperson for the State Department and another for the Pentagon
make statement as to U.S. Homeland security? "Any terrorist or terrorist
material could have easily reached our soil.... if these Haitians could
reach Biscayne Bay.... how did they get to the main land... (where is the
Coast Guard)....<ABC reporter, 6:30pm WorldNews with Peter Jennings>.
Florida governor, Republican and brother of the U. S. President, Jeb Bush
states that "...Haitian arriving illegally should be treated as any
illegally arriving Colombian, Cuban, Mexican, and others, in lieu of
incarcerating them in county jails with common criminals... - Other
activists, of course, claim the double standard policy of the current U. S.
Administration - to keep the Haitians out <where chopters and cameras
cannot see - the high seas> before they can even reach the shores of
Florida. Is it racism, politics, or what?
What are we going to say, as "other Haitians"? Do we have a say in politics
here in the U.S? Do we have a say in Haitian politics? What are going to do?
Why are they coming to the shores of Florida, Now? What seems to be the
problem? Haitian Politics? Haitian Economy? Party Switching? What is it?
Please, this should be one of the issues to be on the platform on which to
ALSO meditate while thinking full swing about celebrating the Bicentenaire
of our Independence, in 2004?

Esanon

http://mail2web.com/ .