13483: Kawolin: Re: 13481: LeGrace Benson seeks source of quote: (fwd)

From: KawolinA@aol.com

The exact quote in French says: " Nos ancêtres les Gaulois avaient les yeux
bleux."  Perhaps it can be translated as such, " Our ancestors, The Gaules,
had blue eyes."  Anyway, I remember reading it in the dedication pages of
many books: the French grammar book, particularly.  I must also say that I
attended primary school at one of the all-girl catholic schools that were
mostly ran by the French or Canadian nuns.  It is my understanding that those
grammar books were imported directly from France or Canada and were
developed/produced by "Les Frères de L' instruction Chrétienne"  (The
Brothers for Christian Instruction/Education).