13497: Cleo71 -- Lafleur: RE: 13489: Chamberlain: Florida governor

From: Cleo714@aol.com

      Who can we blame for this disaster

With all due respect to the passion and sincerity in the writer's
question, I wonder if we need somebody to "blame"as much as we need to
begin to be proactive in coming up with some solutions to these
issues...evenin our communities at the grass roots level.  For instance,
can any of our families sponsor one of the families so that they can live
in a decent home, maintaining thier personal dignity while waiting for
their case to be called to court?  As a therapist who testified in a
political asylum case as an xpert witness""a couple of years ago, I have
to tell you the judges seem jaded and the casess outcomes seem
predetermined.  If I hadn't "done my homework" in performing a very
thororough psychosocial as well as extensive research through WHO before I
took the stand, I would;ve been treated just like another individual
screaming about injustices.  The judge tried hard and at the end he had to
back off and actually ruled in my client's favor. Let's face it, folks.
Peole writhing in the grass as they demonstrate against Bush is more
likely to cause harm to the cause when those who don't understand our
passion view it on TV.  Let's research, speak calmly and with
authority...and get the jobdone that way.