13504: Senou: Diaspora and Freinds of Haiti (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Diaspora and friends of Haiti: the country needs you
It is not the first time nor the last time the
desperate Haitians will risk their life at sea. This
had been going on since 1977. Last Tuesday, the camera
was there, now no one can hide behind a three or
ignore this problem. The Haitian government had
already blamed the international community. Instead
accepting the fact and search for a suitable solution,
these cowards are using people emotion and the blaming
game.
Thousand of Haitians had died in trying to escape the
worst case of misery ever sustain by humankind and
more will if we do not eradicated that cancer at the
source. I wish my Haitian people could have behaved
like the Jew or other immigrant groups in the U.S. but
they come down here doing the same thing that prevent
the country from moving forward.
Last Tuesday, the Haitians were lucky, for the first
time we were going to witness people drowning in front
of live camera if that area were a little deeper.
Haitian people were being chased like cattle on U.S.
Highway, chain by two or three and loaded in a bus to
the krome detention center.
This is what the people of the first black republic
are subject to. The sons and daughters of Toussaint,
Dessalines, Petion and Christophe are being humiliated
everywhere in the world.
The sad part most of you don’t give a … about it.
Not everybody who is calling the name of Haiti likes
the country.
Are you upset with these images? Are you frustrated?
Are you angry watching well-dressed Haitians children
jump in the water, adults running without knowing
where to go.
If you are?
Well my friends, that picture has nothing to do with
politic. In the 1980’s I have seen you getting
together to force FDA removing the name of Haitians in
the list of virus carrier. I took part in it and I was
proud to fight for the name of Haiti. Today, you can
do something to alleviate temporary the suffering of
our brothers and sisters back home. A typical example
during the war in Afghanistan the U.S. army had to
drop tons of eating goods to help the people.
You what had prevented you from sending rice, bean,
corn, cooking oil, soap, used clothes and so on to be
donated free to those poor in Haiti.
Are you angry? Why not using that anger to send a
message to the U.S. government by sending massive aid
to your native country.
Last Tuesday, we were upset with the media that had
focusing only on the security of the country and not
asking the red cross to come to help out. Well they
have their own priority and what is yours?
Today I ask these folks in Miami, NY and Montreal and
Haitian friends to get together to send food, clothes
and medicine back home. The Jews are doing it, the
Mexican are doing, the Cuban are doing it. For God
sake let cast aside any nonsense politic division
crap, our people are starving; they don’t have the
time or the luxury to listen to anything. Haitians
folks, we can rescue the country and it is your duty
to do so.
Folks this has nothing to do with politic and starving
people cannot do politic.

Joseph Alfred, Educator
P.O. BOX 334
Smyrna, GA 30081