13526: Re: 13507: Hyppolite Pierre regarding stanley honorat's comment (fwd)

From: Hyppolite Pierre <hpierre@irsp.org>

I promised myself and those close to me to just "shut up" on the Corbett
list. But I think that perhaps for one last time, I will try to reiterate my
previous comments on this issue that Stanley Honorat raised.

I have been living long enough in the United States to have learned through
my own observation, coupled with my passion for politics in general (not
"Haitian" politics) some very pointed lessons. Stability is key to a
successful nation. Respect of different branches of government even when one
profoundly disagrees with them, is key to a country's succes. The use of
reason and respect of the rule of law, THE RULE OF LAW my dear, are key to
any country's success.

I have also come to have great, I mean GREAT respect for the United States
as a country, and for its citizens for a very important reason: Americans
think with their brain, and express these thoughts with their heart when
necessary.

I understand that Aristide is a polarizing political figure, whether he
likes it or not. But at the same time, not only is he the president of
Haiti, but he was also elected. Whether you Stanley, or Olivier Nadal, or
whoever else like it or not, Aristide IS the president.

You see, before anything else, what Haiti needs is stability. All the
current maneuvers by the opposition and the knuckle-heads abroad, are
recipes for instability. We must all learn that whether we like Aristide or
not, whether we hate him or not, that he was elected by the majority of
Haitians for 5 long years, until February 7, 2006. If you Stanley hate him
as much, which is your right, you should work with the opposition and bring
up legitimate ideas and issues so that someone of your political liking hold
the Exevutive Office after February 7, 2006. You have enough extremely
powerful friends abroad to make that happen. But first, you must do your
homework back home. So roll up your sleeves and talk to the people in
intelligent ways if you respect them!

You Stanley Honorat, may have all kinds of problems with Aristide, from the
shoes he wears to the way he speaks Haitian. Nevertheless, he held the
majority of the vote (more than 50 percent) when he ran for elections on
November 26, 2000. You must respect his and the people's rights to keep him
in power until 7 Février 2006. He didn't get there by a coup d'état. He went
through the legal, constitutional process.

Those kinds of maneuvers that you are proning, Mister Stanley Honorat, can
only weaken the Haitian State economically and politically. I am tired of
seing Haitians being like we say in french, la risée du monde. You don't
sound like being part of the solution. You sound more like being part of the
problem, the historical problem!!!

Just remember SIR, that Haiti is for instance much poorer than countries
like Peru, or Venezuela. Just remember as well that neither of those two
countries will go through the kinds of economic growth that they could, or
should because whenever some powerful people in these countries disagree
with governments, they think of coup d'état, or eternal demonstrations so
they can get back to power. Meanwhile, the economy of those countries suffer
a great deal. The rich gets less rich, and the poor gets poorer. Worse,
these societies will not only go through turmoil, but will eventually become
failed, FAILED societies.

Why that obsession with the presidency? Why? Why? Please Stanley, Honorat,
tell me, tell us why? Why can't you just deal with the fact that even if the
Convergence had sent someone of their own against Aristide on November 26,
2000, you guys would have lost? The momentum was, and despite everything
else, the momentum is still against you. Why can't you work towards shifting
the momentum to your side by arguing on the issues? How can't you guys pick
up on the very serious issues that are plaguing Haiti, and corner Lavalas on
them?

Oh I someytimes wish I was an opponent!!! Lavalas is failing and you guys
just can't capitalize on their failure? I know why but I won't say it here.
I will, but not yet!!!

Do you guys understand power? Do you understand how to acquire power? If not
(and you probably do not), why don't you try to learn what power is, and how
to legitimately, legitimately acquire it? Why do you always want to stay in
illegality? Why such stupidity?

koulangèt madam bwadom!!!!!!!!!!

Hyppolite Pierre
IRSP