13525: stanley honorat re: response to post 13526 (fwd)

From: stanley honorat honorat <shonorat@hotmail.com>

mr pierre et al,

i read your response to my post with great interest.  i feel that the
discussion of opinions and, ultimately, the advancement of ideas are what
differentiates us from the rest of the animal kingdom.  although i
respectfully accept your dissent and am now offering a rebuttal, i must
point out some disturbing portions of your post before i offer it.
why is it that some people feel the need to attack those who they disagree
with (personally)?  that, sir, is part of the historical problem of this
country that you speak of.  those of us who have any semblance of
intelligence learn the art of debate, which is, the discussion of IDEAS;
lest we become the laughing stock of the world, as you so aptly put it.
when we are certain of the fortitude of our ideas and the justness of our
thinking, we do not find ourselves obligated to attack others personally or
call their ideas "stupid."  our eyes often see what our minds know about
ourselves...
secondly, you attribute certain allegiances to me which are not correct.  i
will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that these errors were
committed in good faith.  therefore, i will rectify them for you.  i was not
before nor am i currently a member of the democratic convergence.  i feel
that their opposition to jean bertrand aristide (jba) is based on a solid
assessment of the current political climate in haiti.  there are other
issues on which i reserve my right to disagree with them on.  that, sir,
does not make me a member of their group.  i AM AN OPPONENT of jba and his
dictatorial regime.  that is my right.  i BELIEVE that, in the best interest
of this country, he should resign.  that is also my right.  i know what
power is and where it leads...  as i stated before, the constitution of 1987
opens a legal debate regarding a possible loophole in presidential
succession (article 149).
you refer to me on many instances as part of a group ("you guys")  which
group is that?  please enlighten me.  for the record, i have been given a
proper education (both at home and academically) and do not have it within
me to hate anyone.  i am merely stating my strong dissatisfaction with the
current state of affairs in my country and the direction that it is heading.
  that, once again, is my RIGHT (guaranteed by both the haitian constitution
and the universal declaration of human rights).  also, the fact that you are
tired, sir, is, frankly, not my concern.  the future of haiti, on the other
hand, is, insofar as it involves me.  for your information, the resignation
of a president is- most definitely- part of a "legal, constitutional
process."
as for the "issues" about his illegitimacy, please refer to some of my
earlier posts (no need to repeat what has already been said).  among other
things, i stated some of his violations of the haitian constitution., the
wealth he has amassed, the corruption that is rampant in his government, and
cases of human rights abuses during his mandate.  to that, i would like to
add his ineptitude as president, his increasing criminal acts, and his
reckless behavior.  those, sir, are just some of the issues that cause one
to feel that he has lost any legitimacy that he may have had.
once again, allow me to reitterate, without equivocation, my opinion that
jba must go, for the good of this country.
regards