13593: Nadal: Re:13591, INS appeals bonds, blocks Haitians' release. (fwd)

From: Olivier Nadal <o_nadal@bellsouth.net>

   INS appeal  bonds, block Haitian's release.
   By Andrea Elliott  and Larry Lebotwitz

   I would like to add the following comment to my earlier post .
   At the end of this article, it is written:

  HAITIAN  RESIDENTS

  " With the exception of Osmin, all the defendants are lifelong Haitian
residents. Osmin spent a few years in exile in Honduras but returned in 1994
after U.S. troops restored Jean Bertrand Aristide to power.Several of his
family members remain in Honduras."

It means actually that Osmin left Haiti in 1991 after the coup against the
Duke of Tabarre and was living in exile in Honduras while Aristide was
living in exile in the United States at the same time.They are buddies.Osmin
returned safely in 1994  when Aristide came back to Haiti from exile.
It means  also that Osmin is a Lavalas. It does not make any sense that this
Osmin that nobody knows in the haitian opposition leaves Haiti today fearing
for his life.The same applies to all the other boat people.They  are not
members of political parties from the opposition.They were sent to the
States and I will tell you why in an other post.

Olivier Nadal