13607: Mason: re 13602: Vilsaint: regarding Grassroots Development Projects in Haiti (fwd)

From: MariLinc@aol.com

"We are gathering a selection of original projects in Haiti that deserve
attention for:
Actual work and/or results in the field,

Organizational structure and processes,
Conceptual approach,
Impact on individuals,
Impact on the community,
other"

I would suggest the work of Église Méthodiste d'Haïti (Eglise Methodiste
d'Haiti / Methodist Church of Haiti).

For many decades, they have been doing leadership training, literacy
training, and curriculum development in Haitian Creole; road-building, water
treatment and land conservation and community development projects: all at
grassroots level implementation, even if there has been a national
organizational sense to the planning and support provided by EMd'H.

Let's remember this: Haitian Grassroots Projects don't usually get sustenance
over the very long-term UNLESS they are supported by institutions well-rooted
in Haitian soil and which are also connected to funding sources beyond their
own ability to raise $$$ in country.

Contact persons for EMd'H (obtained via:
http://gbgm-umc.org/missionvolunteers/haiti/emhleadership2001.htm)

Rev. Raphael Dessieu, President, Office Phone 223-8717,  222-2976, Home Phone
245-5473
e-mail: jjrld@hotmail.com

Coordination of Development - COD
Inette Durandis - Office 257-7544, e-mail: idurandis@cod-emh.org

Christian Education / Print Shop
Rev. Edzaire Paul - Office 257-2157, e-mail: edzairep@2hotmail.com

It might be that fellow Corbetter Allan Kirton might be able to add more
updated details to this suggestion.

Marilyn Mason

Marilyn Mason
P.O. Box 181015