13625: Labrom: Re: 13620: Vedrine: Haiti & the destruction of nature (article) (fwd)

From: jacqualine labrom <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

I would just like to say to people who say that Haiti is brown - please go
and see the Grand' Anse area of Haiti - from Jeremie out to Dame Marie or
out to Anse du Clerc - there you will see how Haiti is STILL green and
beautiful. I understand one of the reasons for this - and this is what I was
told - don't tell me off it it's not true because I'm not an agronomist
etc - but I was told that it is still green in this area because although
every third house is producing charcoal, they don't cut the whole tree down,
just the branches. If this is indeed the scientific reason for it being
still green then why doesn't the rest of the country do this!!

18 of us spent a wonderful weekend over the Fête weekend at the beg. of
November in Anse du Clerc.

If you can't stand going by road, then take the plane - a delight!

Jacqui Labrom

LOOK AT THE NEW STUFF ON MY WEBSITE: www.voyageslumierehaiti.com

VOYAGES LUMIERE

'Journeys for the enlightened traveller'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Los viajes para el turista iluminado'

Please note my new office/home phone number
249-6177 + cell phone 557-0753