13633: Minsky: report from the field-a problem at school (fwd)

From: "tminsky@ix.netcom.com" <tminsky@ix.netcom.com>

"We have a problem, I need your help." The Principal of a Haitian
private school implored as she talked to the parents this past
Saturday.

The French style private school is in Port-au-Prince. "The children
are speaking kreyol in school. You need to speak French to them
at home. Speak to your maid in French,"  suggested the Principal.
"She'll understand." This exchange was reported to me by one of the
parents who attended the meeting and does speak French at home
and intervenes when the child is speaking kreyol to friends.

http://mail2web.com/ .