13682: Jean Jean-Pierre replies to Nadal's post# 13666 For the Record (fwd)

From: Jean Jean-Pierre <JJEANPIERRE1@aol.com>

Dear Corbettlanders,

Since the appointment of Yvon Neptune to the post of Prime Minister of
Haiti,
I have abstained from writing or even commenting publicly on him because he
has been a personal friend for more than twelve years.   Today I must break
my own rule as I want to express my outrage at Nadal's post 13666.

In it, he affirms that Yvon has purchased a million dollar mansion in Great
Neck,
Long Island and that Neptune is a US citizen.

While I had always entertained my doubts on Nadal's previous assertions (and
sometimes rants) on this list, I had always given him the benefit of those
doubts.
That is until his latest post.

Yvon, unlike me, has never renounced his Haitian citizenship.  This canard,
first
published in Haiti Observateur, was long ago refuted.  In fact, if anyone
(like I
did) calls the State Department (passport section) one will learn that all
passport
numbers beginning with 03 are issued by the California district, one of the
13
federal passport issuance districts.  Yvon never resided in California.
Getting
his date of birth, would not have been too difficult to even Inspector
Clouseau
(our clumsy sleuth in Pink Panthers) as it was widely published back in
March.

As far as the one million dollar house is concerned, it is Nadal's burden to
prove.

Mr.Nadal, I respect your rights to criticize -as I have done in my articles
in the past-
whatever the present Haitian government does or does not do.  But, for the
sake of
your own cause, can you refrain yourself from playing loose with the facts?

Now I will be undoubtedly casting doubts on everything Nadal says.
Corbettlanders, would you not?

jean jean-pierre