13718: Pina: RE: Jane Regan's Article on Cap Haitien (fwd)

FROM: Kevin Pina            <kpinbox@hotmail.com>

Who is one to believe? 4000, 8000, 15,000, and/or 25,000. Delege du Nord,
Deibert, Regan and Vision 2000 in Haiti? It reminds me of something Albert
Einstein once said, "Not everything that is counted counts and not
everything that counts is counted."

Meanwhile, Himmler, the namesake of the deceased Heinrik, one time leader of
a venerable institution not unlike the former FADH, walks arm and arm with
K-Plim calling once again for restitution and a return to the past. The
foreign press in Haiti tingle at the prospects of renewed careers and can
only pray this not a "flash in the pan" or the smoke and mirrors of past
attempts to overthrow the "dictator Aristide."  Afterall, editors in Miami
love this stuff, they been asking for it for so long and it is easier to
think about a post-Aristide Haiti in the comfort of that new job waiting for
you back in the States, after you nail that "really big story" to the wall.
This is sexy stuff and it sells from the Embassy in Port au Prince to the
corridors outside Elliot Abram's office. All hell is breaking loose and the
center will not hold, "do you think I'll win a pulitzer off a story about
this place"?

First there was Chris Hitchens and now we have that other darling of the
left, Jane Regan. "Ladies and gentlemen don't be alarmed, there's been a
fire in the building. We would like to ask everyone to please take two steps
to the right. Not to worry, you won't immediately recognize you have changed
reference. Our news has been carefully spun to mitigate the effects of
rightward drift and the appearance of supporting neo-rightwing nationalism."
Alex(Cockburn), get your pen ready, it's going to be a long decade!!!